Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hidden Feelings

I posted two progress shots of my newest painting before. So here's the final result.


Title: Hidden Emotionsoil on linen. 16"x20". 2010


I'm currently having some projects in the studio. I started a small painting on wood panel, got an initial sketch for painting on linen, and some drawings. I'm loving the process of painting on wood panel so far. I can see how some artists prefer to paint on wood instead on canvas or linen. Laying colors on wood is just effortless, everything glides like butter..haha...if that even makes sense, but you know what I meant.
I will post the photo as soon as I'm done and perhaps scan some of the drawings as well.

3 comments:

zoe said...

oooooohhhhhh! i love her hair, her lips, her eyes, and her little fingers.... beautiful!

cArLa said...

she is sooo pretty! great work! i always look forward to your paintings. xo, carla

Heidi Alamanda said...

Zoe, thank you. Much appreciated...hehe she does have little fingers.

Carla, thank youuu. I'll certainly post more paintings here...stay tune