Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Monday

I hope you all had a wonderful relaxing weekend. It's been a while since my last update. I've been basically trying to get myself into a more structured schedule in painting. Time off for a week was bad for my self-discipline:)
I wrote earlier that I might turn one of my sketches into a painting and I did it. It was still the initial layer on my linen (it does sound fancy, eh?)
Other random things:
- I posted two of my paintings on Juxtapoz Forum for their reader art section. Not sure if anyone will notice it....so many artists posted their works in hoping to be featured in the reader art. Well, if you ever feel like checking it out:)
- I've been craving breads from Koryodang bakery in Koreatown, NYC. Yes yes...I love my sweet fluffy buns.
- If you read my blog, you may have noticed that I like a lot of different styles of artwork. One of my favorites is the art of Donato Giancola. He's a realist painter who specializes in sci-fi and fantasy illustration. His technique is just sooo good.
- Sour Harvest visited Audrey Kawasaki's painting studio and uploaded some pictures. She has one cozy studio, and I love the first painting (Geisha) she did.


Initial stage of my painting. Girl with little robot (temporary title)

No comments: