Friday, March 18, 2011

"Painting My Own World" WIP

I'm currently working on a new painting. The other painting is staring at me from the corner of the studio, wanting me to finish it completely. However, those girls know that I need to let my imagination wander freely in my world, otherwise I may growl at them *slightly kidding*. I just put the zombie-ish layers on the painting and slowly worked on the background, while connecting with the mysterious feelings inside me:)
The studio is really chaotic with pencils, books, and magazines are everywhere, but I'm happy. Part of that happiness is a result of my realization that led to a decision that I made last week. I realized that the most important thing to make my art is my relationship with myself, with whatever silly things in my head and my emotion. There will always be distractions and obstacles along the way. Some of them will be beyond my control. I could only try to find the best solution that may give the best result at the end, but the nature is uncontrollable. Some of them are under my control, and I'm the only one who has power to fix that. Something just hasn't felt right, and I knew it would affect my art if I just ignored it. It would affect my ability to travel to my dreamy world..he he. Anyway, this week I started this painting with a liberated feeling. We'll see how this zombie girl will turn out  \( ^_^)/



I don't think I've posted this one. I found a board in my art supplies box, so I just thought....let's make something:). I tried out writing using my tablet...haha quite tricky.



Other art related thing, my blogger/twitter/fb friend Tessar Lo has done something amazing to raise money to aid Japan. He had thirty limited edition gocco prints for sale, and they were sold out in a day! 100% proceeds from the sale will go to Red Cross. The print itself it really beautiful, as you can see here.  I look forward to getting mine. It made me really happy to see lots of kind people around through my Facebook and Twitter, either it's just from reading positive thoughts sent to people in Japan, or seeing so many news of Art Fundraiser Exhibition, like this one organized by Caro of Sweet Streets,  to help the people in Japan. That's what humanity should be all about - kindness and compassion.

3 comments:

TJ Lubrano said...

Ciaooo!! I finally can comment on your blog! I don't know what's wrong with Blogger, but I have several blogs open and none of them is loading -_-. Well yours loaded now hehe.

Oooh when something is bothering me it does effect me and my adventures in my dream world. I kid you not! I try to ignore it most of the time and make sure that I'm aware of it. Distractions are everywhere. Sometimes I use these distractions to create new ideas ^_^. I'm the only one who can change the way I work right ;)

I looove the zombie girl! I can't wait to see how she turns out :D. I'm typing really quickly as I'm afraid that I will lose this comment!

It's so amazing to see all the aid that's been giving to Japan! I'm really happy for that!

Hope you're well!
Ciao Xoxox

Heidi Alamanda said...

Tahira, you got it right that we are the only ones who can change the way we work:)
Zombie phase always looks creepy scary, and I'll never know how the painting will turn out after this stage. It's an adventure:)

Yes, I'm happy knowing there are still plenty of caring people trying to help out the people in Japan in ways that they can:) xoxo

TJ Lubrano said...

I loooove adventures :D

I shall grab some popcorn and some other snacks ;)

Have a lovely weekend!