Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Painting for "Totally Terror" 80's Horror Themed Art Show at Madison Art Cinemas


I finally finished this painting. I have a bad habit of putting off the final touch to my painting when it's near done. Somehow I always need to find that right momentum again to finish up. Maybe it's derived from my attitude of building my painting slowly:)

As I mentioned in my previous posts, I did some drawings and  experimental things with acrylics so I had to set aside this painting in the corner. It kept staring at me until I finally got that feeling back to put the final touch..hehe.

This piece is my contribution for “Totally Terror” Group Art Show, an art show inspired by the horror movies of the 1980’s. Perfect for Halloween.
If you’re in the area of Madison, CT or nearby on October 28th, please swing by, see the artwork and meet the artist.

The opening will be from 7:30PM- 11:30PM

Here’s the detail of the show. Spread the words guys:)



Madison Art Cinemas presents Totally Terror; an art exhibit inspired by the horror cinema of the 1980’s.

The show will be held at the Madison Art Cinemas gallery from October 28th to December 11th and will feature the work of 20 plus artists presenting their visual interpretations of some of the most well known and not…-so-well known horror films from the “Me” decade.

There will be an opening reception and an artist meet and greet on October 28th 2010 from 7:30-9:45pm followed by a FREE viewing of the horror film Demons.

Madison Art Cinemas is located at 761 Boston Post Road, Madison, CT 06443. For directions, please visit madisonartcinemas.com.
List of participating artists:

Matt Sharp
Magge Gagliardi
Thomas Drew
Yosiell Lorenzo
Daniel Yagmin Jr
Tom Ryan
Osiris Orion
Michael Shapcott
Craig Medeiros
Rick Beapre
Dave Estes
Adam Hathorn
Nate Lewis
Clare Jordan
Matthew Fletcher
Heidi Alamanda
Raquel Cude
Chris Uminga
Liz Squillace
Ricky Borchert
Coniah Timm
Pete Shigelkowski


You can RSVP here:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=162665313747057&ref=ts

I hope to see you there ^_^

No comments: