Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hi Fructose and New Painting

Ken Harman of Hi Fructose Magazine spread the news of Lunch Bunch eBay Auction on Hi Fructose blog here http://www.hifructose.com/the-blog/759-ana-bagayans-lunch-bunch.html
The image of my print is part of the blog post. I'm honored to be placed among other great artists, like  Brandi Milne, Joshua Petker, and Amy Sol.
Most of the pieces, both originals and prints, are gone, but I think there are still 3 pieces from Christopher Umana available in the auction until the next three days.

I've also just finished my latest painting and am currently starting a new one.
Take Me to Your Happy Land
20"x24". oil on linen. 2010

The idea from this piece derived from my fascination of parallel universe and time travel. Maybe you've seen an episode of Dr. Who where Rose, Dr. Who, and Mickey landed on the parallel world or Fringe episodes. I'm just fascinated by the possibilities.
Well. I just wanted to share of a glimpse beneath my brain  (~_~)

Time to work. Stay hydrated during this cruel cruel summer:)

6 comments:

TJ Lubrano said...

Keep on sharing pieces or yoru mind please! I love to read how artists get their ideas and inspiration! It's an inspiration for myself as well and for me it makes an illustration even more interesting!

I love the concept and the use of colors!! Stunning!!

Take care!! Xoxo

Heidi Alamanda said...

Tahira, I will try to share a peek into my world whenever I can.
Thanks for checking xoxo

Dear Fireflies said...

Hello, hello, Heidi! Hope life's good. :)

Well, this is yet another stunning painting... inspirations are everywhere, are they not?

So, it's hot there? Well, it's pretty cold where I am...hehe. :))

Heidi Alamanda said...

Amal, it's around 38 C for these past two days and some areas are even hotter. very hot and humid.
You made me jealous with cooler Bandung temperature (and I'm thinking of tasty food too)

Thank you for your kind words:)

cArLa said...

congratulations!!! btw, the name you came up with for your gorgeous painting is way better than my idea - lol. love your work, very inspiring indeed!

Heidi Alamanda said...

Thank you, Carla. I think you contributed a great title for my painting and I appreciate that. It's just I have this concept in my head that's completely different from your title...hehe

Thanks for your sweet comment:)