Monday, July 26, 2010

Here is Pablo

Pablo is a mini skeleton figurine that we found at Group W Bench in downtown New Haven. The store has a big collection of small skeleton figurines aside from other little vintage toys, ethnic accessories, jewelries, and clothing. I learned that day that those skeletons were related to Day of The Dead decoration. We thought it was a perfect place to find a gift for my sis-in-law since she loved skeleton. We found something for her but we also saw this little painter skeleton. DH insisted that I should get it since I'm an artist. I think I remembered feeling awkward of being called an artist because that year was the year that I decided that I wanted to do this for the rest of my life. There weren't too many people really knew what I was doing (this was before I created this blog, had facebook account, and so on).
Anyway, DH just picked that painter skeleton and bought it for me since I was so indecisive..hehe. I put him on my desk and decided to name him Pablo. I feel like Pablo has been with me throughout this time. It's like if I see him, he will proudly encourage me "You can do it...let's paint with me". I wish I could elaborate more that at least now you can understand a little bit when you see him in my next paintings.




Other random pics around the studio


Drawings, and small painting


My previous Munny preparation


Doodling thing when I'm bored


Current painting (underpainting stage)

Almost done

No comments: