Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New Painting "Painting My Own World"

Another painting that I just recently finished:

Painting My Own World
oil on linen. 16" by 20". 2011

higher resolution version on my website )


I feel really blessed and lucky to have an artistic freedom to create my own world through my artwork. There are always challenges that sometimes slow down my creative time, but I know that I'll always have that freedom. I can look at my paintings knowing I created them for myself. I just can't imagine how miserable I would feel if I had to compromise my artistic freedom with the main purpose of pleasing other people's eyes, or I had to be trapped in that kind of situation.

I'm currently starting another new painting. I'm going to start the first underpainting tomorrow. This one will be quite challenging (in the fun way) to execute. I'll post more about it soon. While developing sketch and drawing for my new painting, I also got a chance to have fun with a quick painting or study...hmmm It's mostly for own pleasure time, so let's just call it for fun. I have this painting panel and used paper around. I bought several small panels a while ago that I thought would be great for quick painting. I took under two hours to finish that small sketch. I couldn't remember the exact time since I also prepared DH's dinner in the middle of it:)

Quick paintings for fun

13 comments:

TJ Lubrano said...

Hello hello!!

You're so right. I too, feel blessed to be able to create my own little creations on paper for others to enjoy.

I just love this painting and the little ones you did for fun! That lady has such an interesting expression! I try to keep track of the hours I put into my work, but I'm doing so much at the same time, that it's quite hard haha.

Now if you excuse me...I think I saw hotwings in another post...

*waves*

Heidi Alamanda said...

Thank you sweetie!
Yes, we are so lucky to have the opportunity to create things that we love. I can tell that you're always having fun with your artwork:)

They're honeywings and ooooh so yummy:)

Nicola said...

Wow!! I just happened to find your blog through Amalia's and had to start following! I LOVE your art work, it's beautiful, bright, bold!!! I love how you are able to create your own world in these paintings. You are very inspiring!!!!! :0)

Heidi Alamanda said...

Hi Nicola, that's really really kind of you. I'm glad you found my blog through Amalia's beautiful blog:)

Shayla said...

You are so amazing and have sort of a pop surrealism/lowbrow look to your work if I haven't told you that yet. I am very attracted to your work and love it dearly.

Dear Fireflies said...

Hey there Heidi. Well, this one is definitely another stunner!

I couldn't agree with you more about that freedom to create, but I guess the difference is with illustrators, sometimes you still have to follow the brief to make everyone happy. Hence the blog for me...my very own playground! :D

Heidi Alamanda said...

@Shayla: hi there, thanks for keep visiting my blog:)I'm glad you like it. You're such a sweetie:)

@Amal: I'm glad you have your blog as your creative outlet to express your artistic freedom. A place where you can focus on making yourself happy:)

SaraLynnArt said...

What a beautiful painting! I love how the colors pop against the dark background... it reminds me a bit of the dancing flowers scene in Fantasia!

Sunny said...

Hi Heidi,

Your paintings are lovely!they are so fantastic and dreamy~!

p.s. I love love love your color palette!

Heidi Alamanda said...

@Sara: Thank you dear. Hmm...I just couldn't remember whether I had seen Fantasia or not..hehe. Thanks for your interesting observation, Sara ^_^

@Sunny: aww so kind of you. Thanks for stopping by here. I love your blog and I'll make sure to check out your beautiful works on your blog.

Katie said...

This is awesome! I love all your work but this one caught my eye especially! I found your for fun paintings inspiring x

Heidi Alamanda said...

aww aww, thanks, Katie ^__^
Those other quick paintings were fun to do. I should do it more often. Thanks for stopping by:)

Flara said...

Hi Heidi:)
I just discovered your beautiful blog! This is my favourite art, very creative! I love that it is so much detail and yet is very neat and well thought out. one word: wow! Love it!
xx
Flara